40. Tranter, T., A. Burns, and W. Gale, J. Gostick*, Pore network modeling of capillary hysteresis in neutrally wettable fibrous media. Transport in Porous Media.
39. Moosavi, SM, M Niffeler, J Gostick, S Haussener, Transport characteristics of saturated gas diffusion layers treated with hydrophobic coatings. Chemical Engineering Science. (Link)
38. Aghighi, M., J. Gostick*, Pore network modeling of phase change in PEM fuel cell fibrous cathode. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry. 47(12), 1323–1338 (2017) (Link).
37. Sadeghi, M. A., Aghighi, M., Barralet, J. & Gostick, J. T.*, Pore network modeling of reaction-diffusion in hierarchical porous particles: The effects of microstructure. Chemical Engineering Journal 330, 1002–1011 (2017).
36. Liu, S, MDR Kok, YW Kim, JL Baron, FR Brushett, JT Gostick*, Evaluation of Electrospun Fibrous Mats Targeted for Use as Flow Battery Electrodes. J. Electrochem. Soc. 164, A2038–A2048 (2017).
35. Gostick, J. T. Versatile and efficient pore network extraction method using marker-based watershed segmentation. Phys. Rev. E 96, 023307 (2017).
34. Hinebaugh, J., Gostick, J. & Bazylak, A. Stochastic modeling of polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell gas diffusion layers – Part 2: A comprehensive substrate model with pore size distribution and heterogeneity effects. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 42, 15872–15886 (2017).
33. Tranter, T.G., P. Stogornyuk, J.T. Gostick, A.D. Burns, W.F. Gale, A method for measuring relative in-plane diffusivity of thin and partially saturated porous media: An application to fuel cell gas diffusion layers. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 110(July), 132–141 (2017).
32. Lopes, J., F.-X. Colson, S. Ye, J.T. Gostick, J.E. Barralet, G. Merle, Graphene modified nanosized Ag electrocomposites. Materials Research Bulletin. 89(May), 42–50 (2016).
31. Rashapov, R., and J. Gostick*, In-plane effective diffusivity in PEMFC gas diffusion layers. Transport in Porous Media. 115(3), 411-433 (2016).
30. Zhang Z., J.H. Lopes, S. Ye, J. Gostick, J.E. Barralet, and G. Merle, Electrically Bloomed Platinum Nanoflowers on Exfoliated Graphene: An Efficient Alcohol Oxidation Catalyst. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. 163(10), D615-D621 (2016).
29. Tranter, T., J. Gostick, A. Burns, and W. Gale. Pore Network Modeling of Compressed Fuel Cell Components with OpenPNM, Fuel Cells. 16(4), p504–515 (2016)
28. Gostick, J.*, M. Aghighi, J. Hinebaugh, T. Tranter, M.A. Hoeh, H. Day, B. Spellacy, M. Sharqawy, A. Bazylak, A. Burns, W. Lehnert and A. Putz. OpenPNM: A Pore Network Modeling Package. Computing in Science & Engineering. 18(4), p60-74 (2016).
27. Kok, M., A. Khalifa and J. Gostick*. Multiphysics simulation of the flow battery cathode: cell architecture and electrode optimization. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. 163 (7), A1408-A1419 (2016).
26. Aghighi M.A., M.A. Hoeh, W. Lehnert, G. Merle, and J. Gostick*, Simulation of a Full Fuel Cell Membrane Electrode Assembly Using Pore Network Modeling. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. 163(4), p.F384-392 (2016).
25. Schalenbach, M., M.A. Hoeh, J. Gostick, W. Lueke and D. Stolten. Gas Permeation through Nafion®. Part 2: Resistor Network Model. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 119(45), p.25156–25169 (2015).
24. Quesnel C., R. Cao, J. Lehr, A. Kietzig, A. Weber and J Gostick*. Dynamic Percolation Behavior in Double Layered Porous Materials. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 119(40), p.22934–22944 (2015).
23. Gostick, J. and A. Weber, Resistor-Network Modeling of Ionic Conduction in Polymer Electrolytes. Electrochimica Acta. 179(October), p.137-145 (2015).
22. Lopez, J., G. Merle, S. Ye , J. Gostick, J. Barralet, Nanoparticle decoration of defect-free electrochemically exfoliated graphene. Langmuir. 31(35), p.9718-9727 (2015).
21. García-Salaberri, P.A., J. Gostick, G. Hwang, A.Z. Weber and M. Vera. Effective diffusivity in partially-saturated carbon-fiber gas diffusion layers: Effect of local saturation and application to macroscopic continuum models. Journal of Power Sources. 296: p. 440–453 (2015).
20. García-Salaberri, P.A., G. Hwang, M. Vera, A.Z. Weber and J. Gostick*. Effective diffusivity in partially-saturated carbon-fiber gas diffusion layers: Effect of through-plane saturation distribution. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 86: p. 319–333 (2015).
19. Rashapov, R., J. Unno and J. Gostick*, Characterization of PEMFC gas diffusion layer porosity. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. 162(1): p. F603-F612 (2015).
18. Rashapov, R., F. Imami and J. Gostick*, Experimental method of in-plane effective diffusion coefficient measurements of porous media. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 85: p. 367-374 (2015).
17. Kok, M.R.D., J. Gostick*, Transport properties of electrospun fibrous membranes with controlled anisotropy. Journal of Membrane Science. 1(473): p. 237-244 (2015).
16. Morris, D., S. Liu, D. Villegas and J. Gostick*, Electrical conductivity of fuel cell catalyst layers under controlled relative humidity. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 6(21): p. 18609–18618 (2014).
15. Gostick, J.*, Random pore network modeling of fibrous PEMFC gas diffusion media using Voronoi and Delaunay tessellations. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. 160(8): p. F731-F743 (2013)
14. Morris, D and J. Gostick*, Determination of the in-plane components of the electrical conductivity tensor in PEM fuel cell gas diffusion layers. Electrochimica Acta. 85(1): p. 665-673 (2012).
13. Weber, A.Z., M.M. Mench, J.P. Meyers, P.N. Ross, J. Gostick, and Q. Liu, Redox flow batteries, a review. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry. 41(10): p. 1137-1164 (2011).
12. Gostick, J.* and M.A. Ioannidis, Comment on “Effect of gas diffusion layer properties on the time of breakthrough” by Shahraeeni and Hoorfar. Journal of Power Sources1. 196(22): p. 9844 (2011).
11. Hwang, G.S., M. Kaviany, J. Gostick, B. Kientiz, A.Z. Weber, and M.H. Kim, Role of water states on water uptake and proton transport in Nafion using molecular simulations and bimodal network. Polymer. 52(12): p. 2584-2593 (2011).
10. Bunmark, N., S. Limtrakul, M.W. Fowler, T. Vatanatham, and J. Gostick, Assisted water management in a PEMFC with a modified flow field and its effect on performance. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 35(13): p. 6887-6896 (2010).
9. Gostick, J., M.A. Ioannidis, M.D. Pritzker, and M.W. Fowler, Impact of liquid water on reactant mass transfer in PEM fuel cell electrodes. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. 57(4): p. B563-B571 (2010).
2010 and Earlier
8. Gostick, J., M.A. Ioannidis, M.W. Fowler, and M.D. Pritzker, Wettability and capillary behavior of fibrous gas diffusion media for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells. Journal of Power Sources. 194: p. 433-444 (2009).
7. Gostick, J., M.A. Ioannidis, M.W. Fowler, and M.D. Pritzker, On the role of the microporous layer in PEMFC operation. Electrochemistry Communications. 11(3): p. 576-579 (2009).
6. Gostick, J., M.A. Ioannidis, M.W. Fowler, and M.D. Pritzker, Direct measurement of the capillary pressure characteristics of water-air-gas diffusion layer systems for PEM fuel cells. Electrochemistry Communications. 10: p. 1520-1523 (2008).
5. Gostick, J., M.A. Ioannidis, M.W. Fowler, and M.D. Pritzker, Pore network modeling of fibrous gas diffusion layers for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells. Journal of Power Sources. 173: p. 277-290 (2007).
4. Gostick, J., M.W. Fowler, M.D. Pritzker, M.A. Ioannidis, and L.M. Behra, In-Plane and through-plane gas permeability of carbon fiber electrode backing layers. Journal of Power Sources. 162 (1): p. 228-238 (2006).
3. Gostick, J., M.W. Fowler, M.A. Ioannidis, M.D. Pritzker, Y.M. Volfkovich, and A. Sakars, Capillary pressure and hydrophilic porosity in gas diffusion layers for polymer electrolyte fuel cells. Journal of Power Sources. 156(2): p. 375-387 (2006).
2. Gostick, J., M. Pritzker, A. Lohi, and H.D. Doan, Mass transfer variation within a packed bed and its relation to liquid distribution. Chemical Engineering Journal. 100(1-3): p. 33-41 (2004).
1. Gostick, J., H.D. Doan, A. Lohi, and M.D. Pritzker, Investigation of Local Mass Transfer in a Packed Bed of Pall Rings Using a Limiting Current Technique. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 42(15): p. 3626-3634 (2003).